RMvlc’s Executive Director Appointed to Colorado’s Sexual Misconduct Advisory Committee:
DENVER, Dec. 23, 2019: Dr. Angie Paccione, executive director of the Colorado Department of Higher Education (CDHE), appointed 11 members to Colorado’s Sexual Misconduct Advisory Committee that will advise higher education leaders and policymakers on forthcoming federal rule changes to Title IX.
Among several provisions, Senate Bill 19-007 directs CDHE to establish a committee comprised of Title IX coordinators at higher education institutions, care providers, advocates and attorneys who represent both survivors and those accused of sexual misconduct. The committee will publish a report of their recommendations and prevention strategies on campuses by January 2021. Committee documents will be posted on the CDHE website.
“The Colorado Department of Higher Education is committed to fostering safe learning environments free of gender-based discrimination, violence and harassment,” said Dr. Paccione. “Our appointees bring a wealth of experience and expertise to this committee, and we look forward to establishing consistent, research-based practices that we can implement statewide.”
The appointees are as follows:
- Lara Baker, Attorney, Foster Graham Milstein & Calisher, LLP Subscribe Past Issues
- Jeremy Enlow, Title IX Coordinator, University of Denver
- Angela Gramse, General Counsel, Colorado Community College System
- Ana Guevara, Director of Title IX, Adams State University
- Julia Luciano, Victim Advocate, Advocates of Routt County
- Elle Heeg Miller, Nurse Practitioner, Heath Center at Auraria
- Monica Rivera, Director, Women and Gender Advocacy Center, Colorado
- State University
- Cari Simon, Attorney, The Fierberg National Law Group
- Raana Simmons, Director of Policy, Colorado Coalition Against Sexual
- Valerie Simons, Associate Vice Chancellor and Title IX Coordinator,
- University of Colorado Boulder
- Emily Tofte, Executive Director, Rocky Mountain Victim Law Center
The advisory committee was created to make recommendations on anticipated Title IX rule changes from the U.S. Department of Education, which rescinded Obama administration guidance in November 2018. Enacted in 1972, Title IX of the Education Amendments prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in educational settings. For more information, visit the CDHE website.